Honeywell International Inc.
Honeywell Performance Materials and Technologies is a world leader in foam blowing agent technology. The choice of blowing agent used to create an LNG carrier’s insulation plays a significant role in minimising losses of LNG in transit. Enovate® 245fa (HFC-245fa), a nonflammable, non-ozone-depleting HFC foam blowing agent, produces a significant improvement in insulating efficiency compared to HCFC-141b. Ships that use foam insulation formulated with HFC-245fa foam blowing agent experience up to 15% improved insulating power at -160 °C than foams formulated with HCFC-141b, HFC-365mfc or water.
Benefits of using Enovate 245fa
- The lowest BOR – 0.108%/day– for NO96 membrane-type LNG carriers
- The lowest BOR – 0.09%/day – for Mark III membrane-type LNG carriers
- Reduced loss of cargo
- Enhanced low temperature insulation performance
- Potentially avoid costly re-liquefaction equipment
- No modification in manufacturing and assembly of existing insulation
- Proven technology in refrigerator/freezer and construction insulation for the past 10 years
Honeywell Performance Materials and Technologies is a global leader in developing and manufacturing advanced materials and process technologies. These materials and technologies are used by people every day in a wide range of industries and applications, from petroleum refining to environmentally friendlier refrigerants to bullet-resistant vests.
The company's advanced materials are critical in the manufacture of products ranging from nylon to computer chips to pharmaceutical packaging. Process technologies developed by its UOP business form the foundation for most of the world’s refiners, efficiently producing gasoline, diesel, jet fuel and petrochemicals. UOP is now pioneering technology to produce real fuels from renewable energy sources.
101 Columbia Road