Dunkerque LNG is the owner of the Dunkirk LNG terminal, which, through this acquisition, is now part of the Fluxys group.
As Fluxys already was a 25% shareholder from the onset, the company and its partners now hold a 60.76% stake in the facility. Through the consortium, Fluxys has approximately 30.39% in the capital of the terminal, while consortium partners AXA Investment Managers – Real Assets, on behalf of its clients, and Crédit Agricole Assurances each hold approximately 15.19%. Fluxys claims that its share in Gaz-Opale, the company operating the terminal in Dunkirk, remains the same at 49%, with the other 51% being held by Dunkerque LNG.
In addition to selling a 35.76% stake in the facility to Fluxys and its consortium partners, EDF and Total also reportedly sold their remaining 39.24% stake to a consortium of Korean investors led by the IPM Group in cooperation with Samsung Asset Management.
The Managing Director and CEO of Fluxys, Pascal De Buck, said: “Fluxys is particularly pleased to have become core shareholder in the Dunkirk LNG terminal and we look forward to build fully on the strengths of the facility together with the other shareholders. Fluxys will join its LNG experience with the expertise of the Dunkirk terminal teams to move business forward, achieve top-notch operational, safety and environmental standards, and chart new commercial territory both in large scale and small scale LNG.”
Read the article online at: https://www.lngindustry.com/liquid-natural-gas/31102018/fluxys-becomes-core-shareholder-of-dunkirk-lng-terminal/