Gas Natural Fenosa (GNF) has opened a natural gas vehicle refuelling station in Alovera, Spain.
The facility, located on the A-2, is part of the energy multinational’s strategy for creating a natural gas refuelling network along Spain’s main highways. The Alovera service station can supply both CNG (compressed natural gas) and LNG.
The following people attended the opening ceremony:
- Marta García de la Calzada, the Castile-La Mancha Regional Government's Minister for Development
- José Luis Lloret, GNF’s Director of Energy Solutions and Services
- Alfonso Santos, the Manager of Grupo Santos, the company that owns the service station
- Ana Cristina Guarinos, President of the Provincial Council of Guadalajara
- Alfonso Vázquez, the General Director of Industry
- Purificación Tortuero, the Mayor of Alovera
- José Luis Condado, Guadalajara City Council's representative
Natural gas refuelling stations
This new facility joins the 16 other service stations supplying LNG in Spain, making Spain the third country in the world in terms of the number of natural gas refuelling stations.
The Alovera service station, which has a 60 m3 tank, can supply both LNG and CNG via a double dispenser. The station has an annual refuelling capacity of 12 000 LNG-powered lorries and 42 000 CNG-powered light vehicles.
European GARneT project
The Alovera service station is one of seven built in Spain as part of the European ‘Gas as an Alternative for Road Transport’ (GARneT) project led by GNF. The stations, installed along the main transport corridors, supply LNG and CNG to vehicles.
GNF has 35 service stations in Spain, including both public and private stations, with a capacity to supply approximately 1000 GW hours/year. These stations serve the majority of the 4000 gas fuelled vehicles in Spain.
A total of 21 Spanish provinces now have public natural gas supply stations including Madrid, Barcelona, Seville and Valencia.
Adapted from press release by Katie Woodward
Read the article online at: https://www.lngindustry.com/small-scale-lng/27022014/gnf_opens_lng_station_in_spain_224/