These are a scalable LNG delivery platform, and an onshore modular, standardised regasification unit. These ‘plug-and-play’ solutions are based on standard solutions, and built in the company’s dedicated modularisation facilities, helping to speed up delivery times and reduce the cost of customised engineering and project man-hours, whilst increasing productivity and quality.
Scalable LNG delivery platform:
- AG&P selected a shallow draft barge design and conventional hull construction over a scalable range, typically: Platform 1: 4000 – 8000 m3 capacity for shallow water delivery; Platform 2: 6000 – 16 500 m3 for open water delivery; utilises identical hull design and equipment from 6000, 7500, 10 000 up to 16 500 m3.
- The platform utilises existing GTT hull designs that have been specially configured to optimise membrane tank configuration.
- Geometrical membrane tanks are standardised, which reduces re-engineering costs.
- Detailed designs are completed by AGP/GET, integrating standardised equipment/technologies and prefabricated in manufacturing facilities in Manila, Philippines.
- All kits, including accommodation fitments and bridge equipment, are standardised packages.
Onshore modular, standardised regasification unit:
- Modularised and pre-commissioned in the company’s facilities in the Philippines.
- Each unit consists of: TEMA NJN plate and tube exchanger utilising indirect glycol/water heat transfer; uses configuration of 125 million ft3/d process train, typically in 250 million ft3/d modularised package.
- Each individual 250 million ft3/d module consists of: a high pressure pump; a tube and shell exchanger; a boil-off gas (BOG) recondenser; HIPPS; ESDV/F&G/CAMS; and a central control room (E-house).
- Off module equipment or shared utilities consist of: a glycol water plate exchanger circuit; a BOG compressor; and LP booster pumps.
- All equipment is purchased utilising an in-house approved vendor list. This allows competitive pricing based on standard product, requiring no re-engineering. It also allows for reduced procurement times based on the standard product.
- Typical schedule: 12 months ex-works.
The President of AG&P, Albert Altura, said: “While there is increasing preference for small scale and mid scale LNG solutions in emerging economies like Indonesia and India, uptake remains slow with few projects underway. Standardiation and modular solutions will be the circuit-breaker that will bring projects online, enabling the switch to LNG as a clean and affordable energy source.
“AG&P is combining its modularisation capabilities and unique alliances with engineering and technology partners to provide the complete spectrum of infrastructure assets that enable LNG distribution and last-mile delivery. Serving as a single point of contact for customers across the LNG value chain, we deliver a whole terminal and sell tolled gas to power plants, mines, bunker fuel operations, transportation fleets, cold storage and other industrial applications.”
Read the article online at: https://www.lngindustry.com/small-scale-lng/04042017/agp-introduces-solutions-for-the-lng-supply-network/