TMEIC has reported their latest medium voltage drive, the TMdrive-MVe2, is now manufactured in the USA and is certified to UL and CSA standards. The new manufacturing facility is located in Houston, Texas, and produces the 4kV version of the TMdrive-MVe2 in four frame sizes. Other versions of the TMdrive-MVe2 drive are built in Japan to IEC standards with 3kV, 6kV, and 11kV output voltage levels.
The TMdrive-MVe2’s features includes:
- High efficiency and power factor: High electrical conversion efficiency and power factor of 1.0, with no need for harmonic filters or power factor improving capacitors.
- VAR compensation: Active front end enables correctiveVAR compensation for the utility.
- Energy savings: Regenerative braking puts energy back into the supply when the load is slowing down.
- Simplified maintenance: Using identical rack mounted cell inverters, which are easily withdrawn and inserted, allows the repair time (MTTR) to be as short as 30 mins.
- Smooth output to motor: The multilevel pulse width modulated control produces an output waveform close to a sign wave, so an output filter is not required, and motors do not require surge protection.
TMdrive-MVe2 range of drives gives the user a wide choice of voltage output and power level. The different drives range from 3 kV to 11 kV at power levels up to 4100 kW (5000 kVA). Compared to earlier MV drive designs and other multi-level drives on the market, the unique MVe2 design reduces the module count providing a cost reduction and significant improvement in reliability.
Edited from press release by Angharad Lock
Read the article online at: https://www.lngindustry.com/product-news/21062016/tmeics-new-drive-now-made-in-the-usa-2662/