Endress+Hauser introduces the Tank Gauging Platform, a complete monitoring and inventory control system for tank farms and terminals in the chemical, oil & gas, refining and similar industries where large amounts of liquid or solid materials are acquired, stored and transferred.
The Tank Gauging Platform comprises all the tank gauging instruments needed to provide high accuracy level, volume, temperature and pressure. The tank gauging instruments are developed according to international metrology recommendations such as OIML R85 and API MPMS, qualifying the devices to be components of certified systems for custody transfer.
For process safety system applications, all instruments are designed according to IEC 61508 and are certified SIL2/SIL3 capable.
To meet the various communication needs of tank farms and inventory managing systems worldwide, the tank gauging instruments are available with Modbus 485, Profibus DP-V1 and 4-20mA HART two-way digital communication links, enabling integration into any tank gauging or inventory management system.
The tank farm monitoring instruments will work with most any vendor’s inventory management software or control system, but Endress+Hauser also offers a full line of tank farm and terminal management software, called Tank Vision and Terminal Vision which includes:
- Safety Management—provides overfill prevention according to API 2350 or SIL requirements and leakage detection.
- Inventory Management—tracks how much raw material or finished products are on site, how much storage space is available, and product gain and loss balance during processing, transportation and storage.
- Tank Vision—Software that provides a graphical summary of the tank farm inventory based on actual tank shapes.
- Tank Monitoring—Provides information on tank inventories based on tank group, buyer, location, product and status.
- Terminal Vision – Software that provides complete loading and unloading controls and monitors for the operation of a terminal, including inventory management and access to enter the terminal.
All systems offer freedom of choice, which means they are fully customisable to provide as little or as much information, controls and monitors needed to meet a customer’s exact requirements, including engineering, design, installation and service.
Edited from press release by Angharad Lock
Read the article online at: https://www.lngindustry.com/product-news/09092016/endress-hauser-introduces-tank-gauging-platform-28432/