According to the statement, the Höegh LNG Group has implemented several mitigating measures to secure the health and safety of its employees and to ensure safe and continued operations for its customers. The list of measures includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- The development of a Covid-19 task force monitoring the situation and carrying out relevant risk assessments on a continuous basis.
- The implementation of a work-from-home policy for all onshore employees on a worldwide basis.
- A ‘lock down’ on all vessels, with no crew rotation and no visitors allowed onboard until further notice.
- The activation of the Höegh LNG Group’s crisis management plan.
According to the statement, the current operational status for the Höegh LNG Group is as follows:
- As of today, there are no known cases of coronavirus infection for any employees in the Höegh LNG Group's offices or on any of its assets.
- All units in the fleet are fully operational and manned according to relevant safety requirements.
- The technical availability for the fleet is close to 100% year to date.
- All charter parties remain in full force and effect and the revenues from the contracts are maintained as per their contractual terms.
Sveinung J.S. Støhle, Chairman of Höegh LNG Partners and President & CEO of Höegh LNG, said: “Höegh LNG is managing this unprecedented crisis in an efficient manner first and foremost thanks to the tremendous efforts by all the people working in our organisation, but also because the company has a robust crisis management system in place supported by modern IT solutions. All our assets are operating according to contracts, and we are in close dialogue with all our customers to make sure any issues are addressed in a coordinated manner. Despite the Covid-19 crisis, the LNG markets are functioning more or less as normal and commercial activities are making progress. Even with major populations being quarantined, countries around the world need energy and electricity to function, where low priced LNG and flexible LNG is an attractive solution.”
Read the article online at: https://www.lngindustry.com/lng-shipping/25032020/hegh-lng-group-outlines-plan-to-overcome-coronavirus-challenges/