The event is endorsed by the Ministry of Petroleum & Energy and is fully backed by the Government of Papua Guinea. It will feature a speaker line up that includes several members of the country’s government, as well as global players, such as Total and ExxonMobil.
The Prime Minster of Papua New Guinea, Peter O’Neill, will open the event with his keynote address. The Minister for Petroleum & Energy, Nixon Duban, is also part of the senior level speaker line up.
Duban commented: “We’re delighted to bring the country’s first Petroleum and Energy Summit to Port Moresby and expect the inaugural edition to be a huge success. We have all of the key stakeholders from PNG and the region confirmed as speakers and expect some interesting debate and dialogue. I encourage all parties serious about working in PNG to attend this summit.”
The speakers at the event include the following:
- Peter O’Neill (Prime Minister, Papua New Guinea).
- Nixon Duban (Minister of Petroleum & Energy, Papua New Guinea).
- Patrick Pruaitch (Minister for Treasury, Papua New Guinea).
- Francis Marus (Minister for Higher Education, Research, Science and Technology, Papua New Guinea).
- Yuki Sadamitsu (Director, Oil & Gas Division, Ministry of Economy, Trade & Industry).
- Frank Kramer (Chairman, Kumul Petroleum Holdings Ltd).
- Peter Koim (Director, Gas Project Coordinating Office).
- Kepsy Piuya (Secretary, Department of Petroleum and Energy).
- Wapu Sonk (Managing Director, Kumul Petroleum Holdings Ltd).
- Augustine Mano (Managing Director, MRDC).
- Daniel Rolpagarea (State Solicitor, Department of Justice and Attorney General).
- Andrew Barry (Managing Director, ExxonMobil PNG).
- Peter Botten (Managing Director, Oil Search).
- Philippe Blanchard (Managing Director, Total E&P PNG Ltd).
- Brent Emmett (CEO, Horizon Oil).
- John Chambers (General Manager- PNG, Santos).
- Diari Vele (Acting Secretary- Treasury Department, Papua New Guinea).
- Hiroki Sato (Chief Fuel Transaction Officer & Senior Executive Vice President, JERA Co., Inc.).
- Rob Gardner (Corporate Strategic Planning Manager, ExxonMobil PNG Ltd).
- Hiroshi Ogawa (Representative Director & Senior Executive Vice President- Project Operations, Chiyoda Corp.).
- Chris Bais (CEO, PNG Power).
- Gunther Joku (Managing Director, Conservation and Environment Protection Authority).
- Ian Munro (Executive General Manager Gas Business Development, Oil Search).
- Susil Nelson-Kongoi (National Content Manager, ExxonMobil PNG).
- Gerea Aopi (Executive General Manager Stakeholder Engagement, Oil Search).
- Phil Caldwell (Managing Director, Oil Search Power).
- Michael Binnion (Chairman of the Board, High Arctic).
- Dr. Fereidun Fesharaki (Chairman, FACTS GLOBAL ENERGY).
- Gavin Thompson (Head of Research- Asia Pacific, Wood Mackenzie).
Read the article online at: https://www.lngindustry.com/liquid-natural-gas/27012017/papua-new-guinea-petroleum-energy-summit-confirms-speaker-line-up/