Under the contract, Technip will provide multi-disciplinary engineering and design services in support of Shell’s floating LNG (FLNG) project, Prelude, and will help enable the smooth delivery of brownfield engineering scope as the project transitions into its operational phase.
Under the terms of the contract, Technip will provide the following:
- Concept, front end engineering and design (FEED), detailed and follow-on engineering services. Procurement services.
- Construction management services.
- Pre-commissioning, commissioning and hand-over services.
- Operational testing support.
- Scope and portfolio management services, including cost and planning support, as well as document management control.
- Specialist engineering support to supplement Shell Australia’s team.
The contracted work will be delivered by Technip’s operating centre in Perth, Australia.
President Onshore Offshore, Technip, Nello Uccelletti, said: “We are delighted to continue Technip’s close relationship with Shell on the flagship Prelude FLNG project. Our leadership in FLNG leverages our integrated approach and the combination of our technologies and capabilities in the subsea, offshore and onshore business. This award recognises our long-term relationship with Shell as well as our strong presence in Australia developing local engineering and project management capabilities.”
Read the article online at: https://www.lngindustry.com/liquid-natural-gas/15122016/technip-awarded-engineering-and-project-management-services-contract-for-prelude/