Skip to main content

Bangladesh’s second LNG terminal commences operations

Published by
LNG Industry,

Reuters is reporting that Bangladesh’s second LNG terminal has begun feeding gas to the country’s national grid after finishing commissioning one month early.

The foundation of the Summit LNG Terminal is a floating storage and regasification unit (FSRU), christened Summit LNG. Summit Corp. owns 75% of the FSRU, and the remaining 25% is owned by Mitsubishi Corp.

According to Reuters sources, the facility is currently delivering gas to the national grid at a rate of 503 million ft3/d. The FSRU has the capacity to regasify 500 million ft3/d of LNG.

Approximately 3.75 million tpy of LNG is expected to be imported through the FSRU. This will double Bangladesh’s current LNG import capacity to 7.5 million tpy.

Read the article online at:

You might also like

 STATS Group

[WEBINAR] Digital Shipbuilding: A Transparent and Real-Time View of the Fabrication Process is Possible

In this webinar, Ismo Piirainen and David Whittle of Hexagon PPM will be discussing the digitalisation and digital transformation trends driving Industry 4.0, especially when it comes to fabrication. Register for free today »


Canadian LNG: the road to success

Thomas Liles, Rystad Energy, Norway, takes a detailed look at the current state of the Canadian LNG market and where it is headed.


Embed article link: (copy the HTML code below):


This article has been tagged under the following:

LNG project news LNG import news Current LNG projects


LNG Industry is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.