Liquefied Natural Gas Company Ltd’s (LNG Ltd) 100% owned subsidiary, Magnolia LNG LLC, has executed a technical services agreement (TS Agreement) with SK E&C USA Inc.
SK E&C USA Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of SK Engineering and Construction Co. Ltd (SKEC Group).
The agreement concerns the ongoing engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) activities for the 8 million tpa Magnolia LNG project in Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA.
As part of the TS Agreement, SKEC Group will, amongst other things:
- Continue to review all the pre-front end engineering design (FEED) information and data included in the preliminary Resource Reports submitted to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC).
- Assist Magnolia LNG with the final Resource Reports as part of Magnolia LNG’s filing application to FERC. The targeted submission date is by the end of April 2014.
- Completed the FEED for the LNG project including:
- Gas pretreatment facilities.
- Four LNG trains (each with a nominal LNG production capacity of 2 million tpa).
- Two 160 000 m3 full containment LNG storage tanks.
- Jetty and ship loader facilities.
- All related infrastructure and services.
- Estimate a detailed lump sum turn-key cost (LSTK) on an open book basis by 28 November 2014; agree with Magnolia LNG a detailed LSTK EPC contract ‘term sheet’ (with a targeted completion date of 30 June 2014); and agree a binding LSTK contract based on the term sheet.
SKEC Group has already provided LNG Ltd with an initial estimated EPC cost of US$ 1.57 billion, which was consistent with the company’s budget estimate.
Adapted from press release by Callum O'Reilly
Read the article online at: https://www.lngindustry.com/liquefaction/14042014/magnolia_lng_inks_ts_agreement_with_skec_group_425/