Skip to main content

Bangladesh’s second FSRU moors offshore

Published by
LNG Industry,


According to the latest Reuters report, Bangladesh’s second LNG floating storage and regasification vessel (FSRU), Summit LNG, has been moored offshore the island of Moheshkhali in Bangladeshi waters.

The vessel is reportedly expected to begin supplying LNG to the national grid by the end of this month, having been loaded with a commissioning cargo in Qatar en route to Bangladesh. Summit LNG’s start date had previously been delayed by its connecting pipelines not being ready. Even now the FSRU will not be able to operate at maximum capacity.

Once fully operational, approximately 3.75 million tpy of LNG is expected to be imported via the facility. This will double the LNG import capacity of Bangladesh to 7.5 million tpy.

Summit Corp owns 75% of the FSRU and the remaining 25% is owned by Mitsubishi Corp.

Read the article online at: https://www.lngindustry.com/floating-lng/24042019/bangladeshs-second-fsru-moors-offshore/

You might also like

 InEight

[WEBINAR] Why Risk-Adjusted Project Forecasting Is Becoming the New Norm

This webinar will walk the audience through a methodology for developing risk-adjusted plans, leveraging remote collaboration techniques for disparate and socially distanced teams. This next-generation risk management approach is already proving itself on numerous oil and gas CAPEX projects. Find out why InEight expects the trend of risk-adjusted scheduling adoption to continue. Register for free today »

 
 
 

Embed article link: (copy the HTML code below):


 

This article has been tagged under the following:

LNG project news LNG import news Current LNG projects


 

LNG Industry is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.