Through agreements with both Nokia and Shell, Swift will deliver a suite of entertainment and connectivity services for the floating LNG (FLNG) unit, initially for a five-year period. These include the following:
- Foxtel TV.
- Free-to-air TV.
- Hollywood movies on demand.
- Wireless internet via Nextgen subsea optical fibre cable.
- Custom alerting and messaging, with connection to public address and general alarm (PAGA) systems for extending communication to all screens in the event of an emergency.
- Wellbeing and corporate information channels.
- Ongoing maintenance and support with 24x7 helpdesk.
Xavier Kris, the Chief Executive Officer of Swift Networks, said: “We are excited to support Shell on Prelude, which is one of the world’s most significant LNG projects.
“Shell faced a significant technical challenge in keeping its offshore workers entertained, informed and connected. We are pleased that the recognition of Swift’s technological capabilities has led Shell to invite us to provide a comprehensive telecommunication and digital entertainment solution to the Prelude project.
“This long-term contract reflects Shell’s confidence in the quality of our world-class entertainment and communication systems, and in the reliability of our hardware and support. We are looking forward to commencing work at Prelude as we continue to develop our healthy book of recurring business."
Read the article online at: https://www.lngindustry.com/floating-lng/02032017/swift-to-provide-entertainment-and-connectivity-services-for-prelude/