Fluxys LNG has launched a market test to evaluate the appetite for additional capacity at the Zeebrugge LNG terminal in Belgium.
The company is considering extending the Zeebrugge terminal as and when the market needs additional capacity. In this preliminary phase, Fluxys LNG will carry out a market test to evaluate the appetite for small scale LNG services, such as loading small LNG bunker and feeder vessels, as well as LNG trailer loading services.
Fluxys is keen to hear from interested parties during this market test which services have to be developed and offered in order to optimise their participation in the LNG supply chain.
An extension of the Zeebrugge terminal is an attractive opportunity for LNG players to secure access to a facility offering competitive tariffs and destination flexibility. Advantages include:
- Guaranteed availability of capacity at an LNG facility with a proven 28-year track record and more than 1500 successful ship operations.
- Cost-efficient development of services.
- Competitive and stable tariffs.
- Break bulk facilities accommodating the small scale LNG market.
- Easy access to a gas transmission grid fully interconnected with neighbouring networks and systems in the UK, the Netherlands, Germany and France.
- Easy access to the Belgian gas trading places Zeebrugge Beach and ZTP.
The company will hold discussions with interested parties until the end of September 2015. Depending on the outcome of this market test, an open season is scheduled for 4Q15 with a view to concluding firm long-term commitments prior to taking final investment decisions.
Adapted from press release by Katie Woodward
Read the article online at: https://www.lngindustry.com/small-scale-lng/29052015/possible-expansion-of-zeebrugge-lng-terminal-842/