SEA\LNG has announced the formation of its board of directors, which is representative of the coalition’s membership.
The board of directors is responsible for the strategic development and oversight of SEA\LNG’s vision, mission, objectives and activities, directed towards the accelerated use of LNG as a marine fuel.
The board of directors is as follows:
- Peter Keller, Chairman, SEA\LNG and Executive Vice President, TOTE Inc.
- Michael Chia, Managing Director (Technology), Keppel Offshore & Marine.
- Tjerk Johan de Vries, Executive Vice President and Regional Director, DNV GL.
- Timo Koponen, Vice President, Flow and Gas Solutions, Wärtsilä.
- Tetsuya Mizuno, Deputy General Manager, Energy Business Division, Mitsubishi Corp. International (Europe) plc.
- Svein Steimler, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, NYK Group Europe.
- Tom Strang, Senior Vice President, Carnival Corp., plc.
- Yvonne van der Laan, Director of Process Industry and Bulk Goods, Port of Rotterdam.
- Lauran Wetemans, General Manager, Downstream LNG, Shell.
Mr Keller said: “To fully realise the potential of LNG as a marine fuel, it is vital that we work together, across the LNG value chain. No one organisation can advance this agenda alone. Our newly constituted board of directors reflects the diversity of our membership and the scale of the opportunity that lies ahead of us.”
The coalition recently issued a position statement offering its support for the implementation of MARPOL Annex VI for the prevention of air pollution by ships.
Read the article online at: https://www.lngindustry.com/small-scale-lng/27102016/sealng-announces-board-of-directors/