Cummins Westport Inc. (CWI) has announced changes to its Board of Directors and Management in accordance with the terms of the joint venture agreement between Cummins and Westport Innovations. The changes are effective immediately.
Board of Directors changes include:
- Ed Pence, Cummins Vice President, High Horsepower Engine Business is stepping down as Chairman of CWI upon completion of his three year term.
- Jim Arthurs, Executive Vice President, Heavy Duty Systems of Westport has been elected Chairman of CWI.
- Lori Thompson, Vice President - Engine Business Marketing, Cummins Inc. is joining the Board of Directors.
Changes to the management team include:
- Gord Exel is stepping down as President of CWI at the end of his term and will be returning to a new assignment at Westport.
- Rob Neitzke, formerly General Manager of the Construction Segment of Cummins off-highway engine business, has been appointed President of CWI.
In addition to Arthurs and Thompson, the following have been elected to the CWI Board of Directors for a one-year term.
- Ashoka Achuthan, Chief Financial Officer of Westport
- Dean Cantrell, Automotive (On-Highway) Business Controller, Cummins Inc.
- Roe East, General Manager, Heavy-Duty and Midrange On-Highway Natural Gas Business, Cummins Inc.
- Thomas Rippon, Executive Vice President, Global Engineering of Westport
"The Board of CWI would like to sincerely thank Ed Pence for his exceptional leadership as Chairman for the past three years. He brought a wealth of experience and knowledge of our industry, and made a major contribution to CWI's success. We would also like to thank Gord Exel once again for his excellent work as President," said Jim Arthurs, Chairman-elect.
Adapted from press release by Katie Woodward
Read the article online at: https://www.lngindustry.com/small-scale-lng/12122014/cummins-westport-board-management-changes-1953/