Skip to main content

Bomin Linde LNG secures LNG bunker supply vessel

Published by
LNG Industry,


Bomin Linde LNG has announced that it recently signed a time-charter contract with ship owner Bernhard Schulte for the largest LNG bunker supply vessel of its kind to date, with a capacity of 7500 m3.

The vessel is chartered by a joint venture, established in November 2015, in which Bomin Linde LNG holds 90% and Klaipedos Nafta, the owner and operator of the Klaipeda LNG import terminal in Lithuania, holds the remaining 10%.

Commissioning of the vessel is scheduled for late 2018. Bomin Linde LNG will use the LNG bunker supply vessel to supply marine customers and small scale LNG terminals along the Baltic Sea coast. The vessel also secures a flexible LNG transport service to the onshore LNG reloading station at the Klaipeda LNG terminal.

Mahinde Abeynaike, Chief Executive Officer of Bomin Linde LNG, said: “The share of LNG as a marine fuel will grow significantly in the Baltic Sea over the next few years. We intend to be at the front, leading the development. Signing this contract is an important milestone for Bomin Linde LNG and a big step forward for the maritime LNG market in the Baltic Sea region. For the first time ship owners and operators will have access to a complete LNG supply chain in the Baltic Sea region. The new vessel will secure LNG supply at an attractive price level, which is crucial for ship owners and charterers of LNG-powered vessels. Our parent company The Linde Group already operates the LNG terminal in Nynashamn and the smaller LNG bunker supply vessel SEAGAS in Stockholm. Complemented by LNG trucking operations Bomin Linde LNG, with the new large supply vessel can rely on a unique LNG supply network.”

Bomin Linde LNG claims that the LNG bunker supply vessel will be highly maneuverable, with its propulsion and steering system including azimuth thrusters and pump jets. Offshore bunkering will also be possible using Dynamic Positioning 2 (DP2) technology. Frequency-driven pumps with high flow rates will allow for fast LNG transfer to client vessels with short-term layovers at port.

Concurrent to the charter contract, The Linde Group acquired the shares of Bomin Linde LNG held by previous co-owner Marquard & Bahls. Bernd Eulitz, Member of the Executive Board of Linde AG, said: “Bomin Linde LNG will complement and expand our existing LNG portfolio, offering customers access to a unique spectrum of LNG infrastructure in the Baltic Sea and North Sea region.”

Read the article online at: https://www.lngindustry.com/small-scale-lng/11102016/bomin-linde-lng-secures-lng-bunker-supply-vessel/


 

Embed article link: (copy the HTML code below):