Avalara, Inc. has launched Avalara Returns Excise Pro™, an online service that enables small to mid-sized fuel distributors, suppliers and terminal operators to speed up filing bulk fuel tax returns.
Returns Excise Pro makes it quick and easy to file accurate fuel tax returns, using a simple, four-step process. The software uses the same platform as Avalara’s flagship fuel compliance solution, Returns Excise Enterprise, but is designed for smaller companies that may file in fewer states or simply need to electronically file a return previously handled manually.
Returns Excise Pro
It offers companies the following benefits:
- Simplified tax filing, reducing the time and expertise required for tax compliance.
- Reduced fuel tax filing and amendment costs.
- Compliance with e-file mandates.
- Increased tax accuracy through error detection, automatic tax updates, and elimination of manual processes.
- Consolidated fuel tax filing, eliminating the need to learn a different filing process for each state.
“Smaller fuel distributors and suppliers have been asking us for a compliance solution tailored to their needs. We’re excited to introduce a tax automation solution that is cost-effective, while also providing comprehensive coverage for all major US federal, state, and municipal returns,” noted Matt Tormollen, Executive VP and General Manager of Avalara’s Excise & CertCapture Division.
Adapted from press release by Katie Woodward
Read the article online at: https://www.lngindustry.com/small-scale-lng/10062015/software-speeds-up-fuel-tax-returns-process-921/