Eniram Ltd, the Finnish provider of energy management technology and data analytic services to the shipping industry, has announced another advanced fuel-saving product based on the established Eniram vessel platform.
Commenting on the announcement, Mr Pyry Åvist, Vice President Marketing, said: “Eniram Vessel Performance Manager (VPM) is a comprehensive energy management tool that will allow users on LNG carriers to analyse and track the total energy e?ciency of their vessel in real time. In addition, the system is deeply integrated with other Eniram products to o?er actionable guidance to vessel crew.”
Mr Åvist continues: " In order for us to give optimisation guidance, we had to develop a method to model the world's most complex vessels, which now enables us to track & predict critical areas such as boil-off.”
Noël Jelsma, Eniram’s Regional Director Asia-Pacific, added: “With VPM, a deep and complete understanding of a vessel’s energy management is now possible. This is a major shift in the industry, yet VPM for LNG is only a first step for Eniram: as today’s gas carriers, with countless complex systems, are among the most advanced pieces of floating engineering in the world.”
VPM for LNG in a nutshell:
- Collection of the most critical data for LNG operators and owners such as boil-off and reliquification plant efficiency.
- O?ers the possibility for onshore analyses of one vessel, as well as the possibility to compare the energy management performance on several vessels or on the entire ?eet.
- Constant performance evaluation. Main dashboard view to o?er an easy way for the crew to have a holistic view of the vessel’s energy management.
- Normalised key performance indicators (KPI). VPM presents a set of normalised KPI for key energy consumers which allow direct comparison and tracking of energy e?ciency operation on-board interdependent of operational area, season or cargo loading. These KPIs allow true comparison and tracking of di?erent energy initiatives.
- Intuitive graphical interface. The intuitive graphical dashboard shows in a holistic way the main energy producers and consumers in one screen. Users can access the detailed graphical view on one click to further explore the behavior of a speci?c component and compare it to another component in the vessels energy management system.
Adapted from press release by Callum O'Reilly
Read the article online at: https://www.lngindustry.com/product-news/31032014/eniram_launches_new_product_for_lng_industry_364/