Skip to main content

Höegh LNG sells LNG carrier

Published by
LNG Industry,


Höegh LNG Holdings Ltd has sold the LNG carrier LNG Libra to a Chinese energy company for approximately US$20 million. Höegh LNG has received 15% of the purchase price and will receive the remaining 85% by the end of the 1Q16, after the LNG carrier has completed her current charter with Gas Natural.

Höegh LNG's President and Chief Executive Officer, Sveinung J. S. Støhle, said: "LNG Libra was acquired to meet the bid conditions for a specific FSRU project as a conversion candidate, however, we succeeded in placing one of our newbuild FSRUs instead. Since [Höegh LNG's] main focus is newbuild FSRUs and these have become the preferred solution among LNG importers, LNG Libra is today a non-core asset, and therefore we are very pleased with having completed this transaction in a very challenging LNG shipping market."


Edited from press release by

Read the article online at: https://www.lngindustry.com/lng-shipping/17072015/hoegh-lng-sells-lng-carrier-/


 

Embed article link: (copy the HTML code below):