Inpex Corp. and Total have signed a sales and purchase agreement (SPA) with a consortium of five Japanese utility companies to supply them with 4 million tpa of LNG from the Ichthys LNG project.
Of the total volume of 8.4 million tpa of LNG from the Ichthys Project to be sold, approximately 70% of the Ichthys LNG is to be delivered to Japan.
Under the SPA, Ichthys LNG Pty Ltd will sell LNG for 15 years commencing in 2017 from the Ichthys Project to:
- Tokyo Electric Power Company, Inc . - 1.05 million tpa
- Tokyo Gas Co.,Ltd. - 1.05 million tpa
- The Kansai Electric Power Co., Inc. - 0.80 million tpa
- Osaka Gas Co.,Ltd. - 0.80 million tpa
- Kyushu Electric Power Company Inc. - 0.30 million tpa
Ichthys LNG already has LNG sales agreements in place with Chubu Electric Power Company, Toho Gas Co., Ltd. and CPC Corporation, Taiwan.
Read the article online at: https://www.lngindustry.com/lng-shipping/06122011/ichthys_lng_signs_supply_agreements_with_5_japanese_buyers/