Santos Vice President Queensland Trevor Brown said the project had delivered a much needed boost to Queensland’s economy by employing around 6800 workers across the state.
“The project has passed the 65% completion mark and we’re progressing on track for first LNG in 2015,” Mr Brown said.
“Everyone at Santos GLNG is proud of our record of delivering jobs and economic benefits to the regions.
“The successful completion of 27 million hours of work on this pioneering Australian project is testament to the dedication of thousands of men and women from across the country.”
Santos GLNG has spent more than US$ 9 billion with local businesses in Australia and once operational will generate around US$ 500 000 per day in gross state royalties.
The project will provide employment for Queenslanders in places like Roma, Gladstone and Brisbane for at least 30 years.
Other milestones reached
- Completion of clearing and grading of the 420 km pipeline route.
- Two LNG tank roof raises on Curtis Island – both weighing more than four Boeing 747s and lifted around 40 m using nothing more than air.
- 70% completion of the 4.3 km tunnel underneath The Narrows crossing near Gladstone, which will encase the underground Gas Transmission Pipeline and link the mainland with Curtis Island.
- 200th CSG well for the year spudded in early October.
- Six module shipments comprising 34 of the 82 Train 1 modules (prefabricated steel structures that form part of the LNG facility) have been delivered to Curtis Island from Batangas in the Phillipines.
- The final segment was placed on top of the flare tower on the LNG site. It stands 100 m tall.
Adapted from press release by Ted Monroe
Read the article online at: https://www.lngindustry.com/liquid-natural-gas/29102013/santos_glng_on_track_to_complete_first_shipment_of_lng_in_2015/
You might also like
Commonwealth LNG has entered into a memorandum of understanding with OnStream CO2 LLC for a carbon capture and storage solution at Commonwealth’s 9.3 million tpy LNG facility under development in Cameron, Louisiana.