CME Group has announced the launch of six new additional European natural gas cleared future contracts.
These new contracts add to the four physically delivered and eight financially settled contracts, which launched and began trading on 19 January 2015.
Natural gas contracts
These additional European natural gas cleared futures contracts are all financially settled. They are UK, Dutch and German Daily and Italian Calendar Month futures as follows:
- UK NBP Natural Gas (ICIS Heren) Daily Future
- Dutch TTF Natural Gas (ICIS Heren) Daily Future
- German NCG Natural Gas (ICIS Heren) Daily Future
- German Gaspool Natural Gas (ICIS Heren) Daily Future
- Italian PSV Natural Gas (ICIS Heren) Calendar Month Future
- Italian PSV Natural Gas (ICIS Heren) vs Dutch TTF Natural Gas (ICIS Heren) Spread Calendar Month Future.
The contracts will be listed on CME Group's European exchange for first trade on 2 February and are authorised and approved by the UK Financial Conduct Authority.
Commenting on the launch of these new contracts, Martin Fraenkel, Global Head of Energy, CME Group, said: "Following the promising launch of European natural gas cleared futures on CME Europe this week, these contracts further expand the choice we now offer gas market participants to serve their risk management needs as they show increased interest in using cleared futures alongside their traditional over-the-counter positions.”
Adapted from press release by Katie Woodward
Read the article online at: https://www.lngindustry.com/liquid-natural-gas/27012015/cme-group-new-natural-gas-contracts-116/