Process Solutions and its customers, who represent some of the biggest brands in the industrial space, will meet this week at The Hague for the company’s 29th annual EMEA Honeywell Users Group (HUG).
A major portion of the event will focus on Honeywell Connected Plant, which is the company’s program that helps manufacturers operate their plants more safely, more efficiently and more reliably by leveraging the power of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT).
More than 850 delegates from across the oil and gas, chemical, pulp and paper, and metals and mining sectors are attending HUG. The event features numerous displays of the newest technologies, along with dozens of Honeywell - and customer-led sessions and technical discussions.
“The main challenges facing manufacturers and plant operators today continue to be safety, efficiency, reliability, productivity and security,” said Vimal Kapur, president of HPS. “The power of digitisation and our Honeywell Connected Plant programme allows us to address these challenges in new ways by leveraging the incredible amount of data being produced by our customers’ facilities.”
Honeywell will showcase examples of where Honeywell Connected Plant has been implemented and some of the results that customers are seeing. Attendees at HUG also will experience a range of new technologies and solutions that can help them enable the quick and effective adoption of IIoT.
Some of the technologies on display at HUG will include:
- Process Reliability Advisor is part of Honeywell Connected Plant and uses Honeywell UOP process models for ongoing monitoring, early event detection and mitigation of performance issues before they become costly.
- Maintenance Training Simulator is a hands-on demonstration of the next generation of mixed reality worker training, which can enhance skills and reduce classroom time.
- Enterprise ICS Cyber Security Solution combines the ICS ShieldTM platform with Risk Manager and other Honeywell cyber security technologies to provide multi-vendor, multi-site cyber security that’s scalable to meet customer needs.
- Safety Manager SC provides an ‘out of the box’ SIL certified safety platform that can be easily configured to meet SIL2 and SIL3 applications across the plant ranging from small packaged systems to large distributed architectures.
- Experion® Local Control Network (LCN) enables customers to use their TPS/TDC investment as the foundation for incremental process automation upgrades for a secure, seamless integration with Experion® PKS.
- Experion® Batch combines Experion’s distributed control, batch automation, and patent pending visualisation technology for a solution optimised for pharmaceutical, specialty chemical, and food & beverage applications.
- ControlEdgeTM PLC, when combined with Experion®, dramatically reduces integration costs for ancillary plant operations, minimises downtime through unified support, decreases risk with embedded cyber security, and lowers total cost of ownership through extended system lifecycle.
The conference agenda also includes presentations and panel discussions from several Honeywell customers including: British Sugar, Saudi Aramco, Shell, Qatar Fuel Additives Company, Sarlux Refining & Power, VTTI, Gazprom Neft, Linde, and others. These presentations will cover a range of topics critical to industrial automation.
Read the article online at: https://www.lngindustry.com/liquid-natural-gas/25092017/honeywell-connected-plant-takes-centre-stage-at-annual-users-conference/