Our world is in the midst of a transformative shift. In terms of our energy, liquefied natural gas (LNG) is emerging as a key source in our future. At the same time, in society, diverse populations are making greater contributions to the way we all live. In our industry, for instance, more women are achieving at higher levels than ever before. And with those advancements, women are bringing greater value to the LNG industry, providing experience, knowledge, education and viewpoints that are enhancing our businesses, our communities and our energy future.
The Power Play initiative recognises these advances – to promote women and their success across the LNG industry, while providing a platform to bring together people who understand the benefits of a more diverse future for the LNG industry. Power Play is all about collaboration, and as its matured, the initiative has recognised that both men and women need to support the efforts of one another to create a more diverse future in the energy industry.
In this spirit, the Power Play Awards were developed. Started in 2019 as a way to recognise women in the LNG value chain as well as the men who support and empower them, the Power Play Awards programme shines a light on the importance of diversity and demonstrates the critical role that women are increasingly playing in the energy sector.
ExxonMobil has announced the second annual Power Play Awards and is currently taking submissions. The 2020 award categories are as follows:
- The Rising Star – presented to an outstanding female professional under the age of 35.
- The Vanguard – given to a male or female professional who displays outstanding leadership.
- The Rainmaker – awarded to a female professional who has delivered exceptional value and business results.
The nomination period will close on 19 June 2020 at 11:59 p.m. EST, by which time all nominations must be submitted. Anyone is welcome to submit a nomination; however, all nominees must be part of the LNG value chain. Industry players of all sizes are encouraged to participate.
Once the nomination period has ended, an esteemed panel of eight international judges will assess each nomination and choose four finalists for each of the three categories.
The eight industry experts who will serve as the official judges of the second annual Power Play Awards are:
- Dena E. Wiggins, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Natural Gas Supply Association (NGSA), US.
- Jocelyne Machevo, External Relations Manager, Eni Rovuma Basin, Mozambique.
- Julie Mayo, Partner, Norton Rose Fulbright, US.
- Madame Jin Shuping, Vice President, CNOOC Gas & Power Group, China.
- Monika Simões, Founder and Managing Director, Energy Dialogues, US.
- Phaedra Deckart, General Manager, Energy Supply and Origination, AGL Energy Limited, Australia.
- Shamshad Akhtar, Chairperson, Sui Southern Gas Company Limited, Pakistan.
- Yang-mi Choi, Vice President and Head of KOGAS Research Institute, South Korea.
Following the announcement of the 12 finalists, the LNG community will be asked to vote for their favorite candidates. The judges' scores will be combined with community votes to determine winners.
Awards winners will be announced in September 2020.
For more information on the Power Play Awards or to start a nomination, visitexxonmobillng.com/Power-Play/Power-Play-Awards.
Read the article online at: https://www.lngindustry.com/liquid-natural-gas/19052020/exxonmobil-announces-second-annual-power-play-awards-for-women-in-lng/