The ‘Electric Power Industry in Japan 2016 – 2027’ report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
While Japan has been traditionally dependent on nuclear power, following the Fukushima nuclear disaster, the country has witnessed a surge in oil and gas-fired generation. In the aftermath of the Fukushima accident, Japan boosted its LNG imports and also began to operate its thermal power plants at near maximum capacity. Japan is known to have one of the most conducive atmospheres for the growth of the power sector in all of Asia. It has a favourable regulatory environment while there are no financial limitations to investment in the industry. Japan’s power grid infrastructure is also known to be one of the most well-developed in Asia.
The Japanese power industry is dominated by 10 integrated companies and even though the market has been deregularised, there are not many new players who have entered the market. These 10 utilities more or less control most of the Japanese power market.
In this industry scenario, the ‘Japan Electric Power Industry Report 2016 – 2027’ analyses the following points:
- An analysis of the electric power industry beginning with an industry overview, a point-wise SWOT analysis of the power industry in Japan, statistics on electricity consumption in the country, trade statistics of power, power transmission and distribution data, etc. The report also looks at power derived from coal, nuclear power and renewables.
- A section is dedicated to looking at only the market statistics in tabular form.
- Competition in the industry is also analysed.
- Regulatory framework governing the power sector in Japan is looked at through a restructuring of the Japanese power sector, the government's Fourth Energy Plan, the country's environmentally sustainable energy policies, and the process of industry deregulation.
- Major power projects that are in the pipeline are analysed.
- An in-depth industry forecast is included that looks at future industry trends, power demand and capacity scenario till 2027, future trends, as well as future challenges.
- Major industry players analysed.
Read the article online at: https://www.lngindustry.com/liquid-natural-gas/15102018/japan-electric-power-industry-report-2016-2027/