The CWC LNG Innovation Asia Pacific Award is awarded to a company operating in the Asia Pacific LNG industry that excelled in the last 12 months in terms of commercial or technical innovation.
The criteria for winning are excellence over the last year in one or more of the following areas: ‘Innovation’, either technical or commercial; ‘Activities’ where a company has made an outstanding contribution to the industry and shown itself to be an LNG industry leader in the Asia Pacific region, and ‘Knowledge’ where an organisation has expanded the knowledge and learning within the commercial or technical aspects of the LNG industry in the Asia Pacific region.
The 2015 CWC Asia Pacific LNG Innovation Award 2015 shortlisted nominees are as follows:
- BG Group: for its effective start-up of QCLNG Train 1 and its current start-up of QCLNG2.
- Black & Veatch: for providing innovative liquefaction solutions for Golar’s GoFLNG and the conversion of three existing LNG carriers at Keppel Shipyards, Singapore. These three conversions would not have been possible without the PRICO SMR technology.
- Engro Corp: for achieving start-up of the first LNG import terminal in Pakistan in under 335 days.
- JERA Partners (TEPCO and Chubu Electric): for the creation of JERA and its consolidated portfolio of 40 million tpy of LNG.
- The Kansai Electric Power Co. Inc.: for the portfolio diversification and innovative supply structures they have put in place.
- Pavilion Energy: over the past two years, Pavilion Energy has achieved several significant milestones. The company purchased an equity stake in Tanzania’s gas blocks 1, 3 and 4. It has also formed a joint venture with BW Group to build reliable shipping capacity and capabilities. The JV now has three LNG carriers. Pavilion has also signed gas off-take and gas supplies from global sources with major oil and gas companies such as Total and BP. Pavilion continues to increase its downstream customer-base and build up its regional LNG trading capabilities, which include engaging in storage and reload transactions. In a joint effort with SGX and IE Singapore, Pavilion have pushed to establish Singapore as a regional trading hub with a Singapore LNG Price Marker.
- Petronas: for meeting progress on FLNG1 & FLNG 2.
Last year's winner was PNG LNG.
Edited from various sources by Callum O'Reilly
Read the article online at: https://www.lngindustry.com/liquid-natural-gas/13082015/cwc-asia-pacific-lng-innovation-award-2015-shortlist-announced-1136/