Arrow Energy has welcomed the Federal Government of Australia’s decision to approve its proposed liquefied natural gas (LNG) plant on Curtis Island off Gladstone, Queensland, Australia.
The Federal Environment Minister Greg Hunt made the announcement this week.
The Arrow LNG plant is a 50/50 joint venture between Royal Dutch Shell and PetroChina. The LNG plant is one of five developments under assessment or previously approved that together comprise the Arrow coal seam gas (CSG) LNG project:
- Arrow LNG Plant - State and Federal approval granted.
- Surat Gas Project - currently under Federal assessment
- Arrow Surat Pipeline - approved in 2009.
- Bowen Gas Project - under State assessment.
- Arrow Bowen Pipeline - State approval granted, currently under Federal assessment.
Adapted from press release by Callum O'Reilly
Read the article online at: https://www.lngindustry.com/liquid-natural-gas/10122013/arrow_lng_plant_receives_federal_approval_553/