Skip to main content

Pacific NorthWest LNG applies for export license

Published by
LNG Industry,


Pacific NorthWest LNG has applied to the National Energy Board (NEB) for a license to export liquefied natural gas (LNG) from its proposed LNG export facility in Port Edward, British Columbia, Canada.

The license would see Pacific NorthWest LNG export up to 19.68 million tpy of LNG for 25 years beginning in 2019. The facility represents an investment of US$9 – 11 billion and it is expected to create up to 3500 direct jobs during construction, and a further 200 – 300 full-time jobs once the facility is operational.

Natural gas for the facility will be sourced primarily from Progress Energy Canada’s assets in northeast British Columbia. Petronas has a 90% interest in the project and JAPEX has the remaining 10% interest.

The project submitted its Project Description to the Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency (CEAA) in February,2013. CEAA has issued Environmental Impact Statement guidelines that will act as terms of reference for the project’s environmental assessment. Pacific NorthWest LNG intends to submit its Environmental Assessment to CEAA in late 2013.

A final investment is expected in late 2014.

Adapted from press release by

Read the article online at: https://www.lngindustry.com/liquid-natural-gas/08072013/pacific_northwest_lng_applies_for_export_license_216/


 

Embed article link: (copy the HTML code below):