Coinciding with the 50th anniversary of the first LNG cargo, leaders in the global LNG industry will meet at the World LNG Summit & Gala Awards Evening in Paris on 18 - 21 November. Security of supply, the number of new LNG supply projects, the extent of demand growth, evolving commercial models and the impact of geopolitics on the LNG business will be among the areas of discussion by industry leaders from all corners of the globe.
Keynote speakers from a spectrum of sectors who will discuss what the future holds for the rapidly changing business include:
- Philip Olivier, President, GDF Suez LNG.
- Khalid Sultan R. Al-Kuwari, Chief Marketing & Shipping Officer, RasGas Company Ltd.
- Keisuke Sadamori, Director of Energy Markets and Security, IEA.
- Ryo Minami, Director, Petroleum & Natural Gas Division, Ministry of Economy, Trade & Industry (METI).
Important LNG buyers and sellers from around the world will debate new trends in LNG business models and commercial contracts. The panellists will include:
- Martin Houston, Chairman, Parallax Energy.
- Kunio Nohata, Executive Director, Tokyo Gas.
- Suk Joo Kim, Vice President & Head of LNG Procurement, KOGAS.
- Hiroki Sato, General Manager of Fuels Department, Head of Trading Business, Chubu Electric Power Co.,Inc.
- Jonty Shepard, Chief Operating Officer, LNG, BP.
- Andrew Walker, VP Global LNG, BG Group.
The current status of global LNG supply projects – namely North America, Australia and Russia - and their likely success in the different markets will be addressed by major players in those regions along with buyers’ perspectives including:
- Meg Gentle, President, Cheniere Marketing.
- Yuji Kakimi, Senior Managing Executive Officer, Chubu Electric Power Co., Inc.
- Steve Hoyle, VP LNG Marketing, Anadarko Petroleum Corp.
- Octávio Simões, President, Sempra LNG.
- Stephen Harty, Manager Global LNG Trading, ConocoPhillips.
The question of how much LNG Europe will really need by 2020 will be answered by panellists on the European LNG focus panel, with Brendan Devlin as the keynote speaker. And the outlook for global LNG demand from mature, emerging and new markets and how this can really be met will be looked at by a range of senior executives, including:
- Sunao Nakamura, Executive Officer, Vice President Fuel & Power Company, Tokyo Electric Power Company, Inc.
- Sveinung J.S. Støhle, President & CEO, Höegh LNG.
- Daniel Bustos, Chief Development Officer, Excelerate Energy L.P.
Lastly, the growing need for risk management across the entire LNG chain will be looked at by experts from all sectors of the business who will share their perspectives on how to balance risk for buyers and sellers, EPC contracts and project financing. The panellists will include:
- Peter Abdo, Managing Director, Head of EMEA Structuring & Origination, Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
- Peter Cleary, VP LNG Markets & Eastern Australia Commercial, Santos.
- Paul Sullivan, Senior Vice President – Global LNG and FLNG, WorleyParsons.
- Brad Hitch, Vice President Portfolio Management, Cheniere Energy.
In addition, Baker Botts will lead an exclusive Master Class prior to the event on LNG export tolling facilities: balancing rights, obligations and risks; while Andy Flower will look back at the past year in the LNG industry and forecast what is to come in his Master Class on the long-term prospects for LNG.
The Platinum and Gold Sponsors of the World LNG Summit include Cheniere, RasGas, GDF Suez, and Gazprom Marketing & Trading. The Silver Sponsors are Nigeria LNG, GTT, ABS, Oman LNG, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Mozambique LNG. Bronze sponsors are ConocoPhillips, BP, Excelerate Energy, Sempra LNG, Baker Botts, Hoegh LNG, King & Spalding, Jordan Cove and Poten.
LNG Industry is a media partner for the World LNG Summit and will be in attendance at the event.
Adapted from press release by Callum O'Reilly
Read the article online at: https://www.lngindustry.com/liquid-natural-gas/05082014/lng-leaders-to-meet-in-paris-1146/