Skip to main content

Video: Wheatstone project completes topsides floatover installation

LNG Industry,


Chevron has announced the successful completion of one of the largest offshore platform installations in its history, marking a major project milestone for the Wheatstone Project.

The Wheatstone Project is one of Australia’s largest resource projects. It will include an onshore facility located 12 km west of Onslow in Western Australia’s Pilbara region. The foundation project includes two LNG trains with a combined capacity of 8.9 million tpy and a domestic gas plant.

The Wheatstone Project is a joint venture between Australian subsidiaries of Chevron (64.14%), Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Company (KUFPEC) (13.4%), Woodside Petroleum Ltd (13%), and Kyushu Electric Power Company (1.46%), as well as PE Wheatstone Pty Ltd, part owned by TEPCO (8%).

Chevron has said that 80% of the Wheatstone Project's foundation capacity will be fed with natural gas from the Wheatstone and Iago fields, with the remaining 20% of gas will be supplied from the Julimar and Brunello fields.

Approximately 85% of Chevron's equity LNG from the Wheatstone Project has been committed to premier LNG buyers.


Read the article online at: https://www.lngindustry.com/liquefaction/05052015/video-wheatstone-project-completes-topsides-floatover-installation-648/


 

Embed article link: (copy the HTML code below):