Skip to main content

Woodside finds gas at Toro

Published by
LNG Industry,


Woodside has discovered approximately 150 m gross gas and 65 m net gas within the Mungaroo Formation target.

The Toro-1 exploration well in permit WA-430-P reached a total depth of 3724 m, referenced from the rig rotary table.

Following drilling, wireline logging was conducted and confirmed the presence of a gas column through pressure measurements and gas sampling. The well will now be plugged and abandoned as planned.

Toro is located in Western Australia’s Exmouth Sub-Basin and is within 22 km of Woodside’s existing Ragnar-1A discovery.

Woodside Executive Vice President Global Exploration, Philip Loader, said: “This successful exploration outcome builds Woodside’s gas volumes within the Exmouth Sub-Basin creating options for maximising the value of our Australian assets.”

Woodside is the operator and 70% equity owner of WA-430-P. Mitsui E&P Australia owns the remaining 30% equity.


Adapted from press release by


Image courtesy of Woodside Energy Ltd.

Read the article online at: https://www.lngindustry.com/liquefaction/02072014/woodside_finds_gas_at_toro_896/


 

Embed article link: (copy the HTML code below):