Baker Botts L.L.P., the exclusive thought leadership sponsor of the 2018 World Gas Conference, has announced that nine of its Energy, Corporate and Litigation partners will be appearing as masterclass leaders, moderators and speakers at the upcoming World Gas Conference in Washington, D.C. from 25 – 29 June.
“Baker Botts is a recognized leader in the global energy sector, and we are delighted to be the exclusive thought leadership sponsor for the World Gas Conference, one of the most important global energy conferences,” said Steven Miles, a Washington, D.C. based partner and Chair of the firm’s Energy Sector Committee.
“The depth, breadth and sheer number of Baker Botts energy sector partners, from multiple practice areas, who are participating on panels, speaking at the event and have submitted papers and briefs, really speaks to our leadership, experience and expertise in the global energy arena,” said Jason Bennett, a Houston based partner and Chair of the firm’s Global Projects practice.
Partners from Baker Botts' Energy, Corporate and Litigation practices who will be leading masterclasses, speaking and appearing on panels include:
- Houston based Energy partner and Chair of the firm’s Global Projects Practice, Jason Bennett and Washington based Energy partner, Tom Holmberg will lead an industry Master Class Course on “LNG Projects – Structuring and Contracting Strategies in Today’s Market” on Monday, 25 June at 9:00 am.
- London based Energy partner Hamish McArdle will be discussing “The Shifting Sands of Shale Gas Abundance and Global Markets“ on Wednesday, 27 June at 10:20 am.
- Washington based partner and Chair of the firm’s Energy Sector Committee, Steven Miles will be moderating a panel titled “The Global LNG Market: Key Drivers, Challenges and Opportunities” on Wednesday, 27 June at 10:20 am.
- Houston based Corporate partner Kelly Rose will be moderating a panel titled “Inclusion Drives Innovation: Promoting Women & Diversity” on Wednesday, 27 June at 10:20 am.
- Austin based Litigation partner Aileen Hooks will be discussing “Transmission Pipelines: Trends and Challenges” on Wednesday, 27 June at 11:40 am.
- Houston based Energy partner David Jetter will be speaking on a panel titled “Changes in Emerging Gas Markets – Middle East, Southeast Asia and Latin America” on Thursday, 28 June at 11:40 am.
- Washington, D.C, based Energy partner Mark Spivak will be participating on a panel which will review “Financing Natural Gas Projects in A Lower Carbon Energy Future” on Friday, 29 June at 10:20 am.
- New York based Corporate partner Martin Toulouse will be speaking about “Gas to Power” on Friday, 29 June at 11:40 am.
Baker Botts lawyers will be available for comment and interviews during the conference.
Read the article online at: https://www.lngindustry.com/floating-lng/19062018/baker-botts-partners-to-speak-at-world-gas-conference/