The project is scheduled to commence LNG production next decade. It is owned by Novatek, which owns a 90% stake, and Total, which holds the remaining 10% stake. According to Reuters, Novatek is planning to keep hold of a 60% stake in the project, offering 30% to other investors.
Reuters reports that in December last year, Mitsui, Saudi Aramco and the Russian Direct Investment Fund held discussions with Novatek regarding the purchase of stakes in the project. Reuters added that this should bring Novatek closer to its aim of matching Qatar’s LNG production.
Read the article online at: https://www.lngindustry.com/liquid-natural-gas/22012019/mitsubishi-expresses-interest-in-arctic-lng-2-project/