World LNG Summit & Awards
This event expired on the 02 December 2022. Click to view the latest LNG events.
Taking place in person at the Grand Hyatt Athens, Greece on 29 November – 2 December 2022, the 22nd World LNG Summit & Awards will bring together global LNG leaders from across the value chain to define the critical role of LNG and gas in both energy security and the ongoing drive for decarbonisation.
The 22nd World LNG Summit will address how the industry can adapt and decarbonise LNG to avoid and reduce existing greenhouse gas emissions in the LNG supply chain. From evolving commercial models to the opening of new markets, be part of what will be one of the most important conversations yet for the future of the global LNG & gas industry.
Key topics to be discussed at the 2022 summit:
- LNG demand growth: The EU RePower Initiative creating new LNG demand in the 2020s and beyond.
- What are Asian LNG demand growth considerations.
- The global supply response to the Ukraine crisis: where will increased supply to Europe come from?
- New competition between Europe and Asia for LNG, and the impact on global LNG prices.
- LNG contracting and term pricing trends: buyers' and sellers' perspectives.
- Projections for global supply: demand to 2030 and 2040 and implications for LNG shipping, FSRUs, and new land-based terminals.
- Decarbonisation as a central embedded part of the global LNG business.
- New LNG technology initiatives to speed up development of liquefaction, keep costs under control, and decarbonise.
- LNG bunkering and transportation outlook to 2030.
- LNG financing trends: how will banks balance increase natural gas demand and ESG commitments?
- Will LNG trading volumes continue to grow or will we see a shift to longer term contracts?
- LNG shipping: Will there be enough ships to meet growing demand?