Japan continues to lead the market as the world’s largest LNG importer and with the Japanese Fair Trade Commission (JFTC) recently eliminating all destination restriction clauses in LNG contracts, Japanese buyers are looking to secure supplies and develop the market. Japanese companies are also investing in downstream projects in Southeast Asia and trading looks to increase in Japan as METI establishes the country as the main LNG trading hub, therefore now is the ideal time to explore business opportunities in Japan.
In this context, the inaugural CWC Japan LNG & Gas Summit will take place from 6 – 7 February 2018, with support and participation from METI, JERA, Tokyo Gas and IEEJ. The summit will see all the key industry players coming together in one meeting place to determine commercial opportunities, including key industry sponsors: NextDecade, Venture Global LNG, Jordan Cove LNG, S&P Global Platts, Transborders Energy, Liquefied Natural Gas Limited, BRG Energy.
As the commercial forum for the Japanese LNG and gas community, international suppliers will meet with senior-level Japanese buyers, government representatives, trading houses and power companies to discuss the evolving Japanese LNG market and its role on the global stage.
“The conference will be a great opportunity to discuss the dynamism of the Japanese LNG market and also explore new business opportunities around Asia”, commented Kentaro Kimoto, Chief Executive, Gas Resources & Energy, Tokyo Gas.
- Masato Sasaki, Director, Oil & Gas Division, Ministry of Economy, Trade & Industry.
- John McCarrick, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Energy Diplomacy, US State Department.
- Yuji Kakimi, President, JERA.
- Kentaro Kimoto, Chief Executive, Gas Resources & Energy, Tokyo Gas.
- Sunao Nakamura, Senior Executive Officer, Energy Transactions & Projects Department, JERA.
- Masakazu Toyoda, Chairman & CEO, The Institute of Energy Economics.
- Nobuo Tanaka, Chairman, The Sasakawa Peace Foundation.
- Kathleen Eisbrenner, Chairman & CEO, NextDecade Corporation.
- Masamichi Morooka, President & CEO, Yokohama-Kawasaki International Port Corporation.
- Kentaro Horisaka, General Manager, Overseas Business Development, Tokyo Gas.
- Shinji Kakiuchi, Director, Trade Practices Research Office, Trade Practices Department, Japan Fair Trade Commission.
- Tom Earl, Chief Commercial Officer, Venture Global LNG.
The Summit will look to address the current opportunities and projects in Japan’s LNG and gas industry through a rich content programme taking place over two days. Attendees can expect the following topics to be discussed:
- Explore new markets and understand how Japanese companies are building LNG demand in South-East Asia.
- Analyse the impact of the end of destination clauses by the Japanese Fair Trade Commission.
- Understand the deregulation process in the gas and power markets.
- Discover the role of traders and growing spot market in Japan.
- Learn about the benefits and opportunities of using LNG as a fuel.
Read the article online at: https://www.lngindustry.com/liquid-natural-gas/16012018/jera-and-tokyo-gas-to-co-host-japan-lng-gas-summit/