European Gas Conference 2017
This event expired on the 26 January 2017. Click to view the latest LNG events.
Running for its 10th edition once again in Vienna with OMV as a co-host, the European Gas Conference represents the annual meeting point for 500 key representatives from regional governments, industry executives and thought leaders to promote gas as the fuel of choice and stimulate mutually beneficially relationships with Europe’s major supplier.
With 450 participants, 12 sponsors and 30 hours of networking in 2016, the 2017 Summit, will set new levels of attendance and engagement through stimulating panel discussions, insightful presentations and invaluable networking opportunities for the European gas community.
The conference will involve an LNG Focus Day including the new Executives Roundtable: Working together to maintain and multiply the role of gas in the shift to a low carbon energy balance.
- Assessing COP 21 objectives – challenges and opportunities for the gas industry.
- Lobbying for the coal to gas switching argument– what is the way forward to set up gas as the best partner for renewables?
- How quickly can renewables expand and what impact will this have on the evolving role of gas?
- Lobbying for comprehensive and comprehensible policies encouraging gas - renewables cooperation – is the CO2 pricing policy enough to give gas the green light?
- What’s the message from the gas industry to policy makers to promote the role of gas in the low carbon energy transition?